Jump to content
Deggsie

ETA 717 vs ETA 727

Recommended Posts

Hello all. I am currently working on an Oris with an ETA 727 movement requiring a new balance staff. Ideally I would like to swap it out with a NOS balance complete. I have found a balance complete but for an ETA717, not the ETA727. Does anyone please know what the difference of between these two movements? The Ranfft website shows both movements and details them both the same. Furthermore, would it be worth me taking a chance buying the ETA717 balance complete for my ETA 727? Kind regards.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chances are good 717 works fine.

At worst, you can build a complete balance out of 717 and the one you got. 

An alternative to staffing in case you have no staking set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all for your reply. Apologies it’s taken a while to get back to you but I’ve been away from home and unable to use my pc. Anyway, I did order a nos balance complete for a 717 and I’ll keep you all up to speed on how the repair goes. Kind regards Deggsie



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I always habe been Interessen in mechanical watches since I was a young man. Now as I‘m retired I starten to „fix“ watches. I bought some Tools and a timegrapher. All watches now are optimized in accuracy. Except a Revue Thommen with a ETA 2824-2 movement. I stripped it  partly, cleaned und libricated it and reassembled the Parts. Now ist is working even worse! Seams I have a lot to learn.... Glad to be here Reinhard
    • Absolutely not. Even if you have the best fake Rolex in the world and no one can tell it's not fake you always know.
    • You'd be way ahead if you'd have taken off the roller, which you knew, so no empathy here! (We all take shortcuts that bite us in the butt sometimes)
    • Had the head of screw strip off the mainspring barrel arbour. Tried to use a bergeon screw extractor and failed. So I set the arbour up in a lathe and graved a small cone center. Then I used circuit board drills and progressively drilled out the center. And after two broken bits, I finally got the insides loose. Then I went on my Stereo Microscope and picked out loose parts using rodico and a small pink screwdriver.   All worked well. Now to find a new screw. The main mission was to replace a broken mainspring. And here is the broken mainspring.     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • I should have. Now I have a major repair. And I was so so close Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
×
×
  • Create New...