My First Staking Set Advice

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 7:29 PM, Koen said:

How to make your choice when you want to buy / order a staking set?

I see that there are many different sets, with a big variation in price...

So what to look for?

Thanks.

Hi Koen,

I have a vintage Kendrick & Davis staking set in good used condition if you're interested.

Best,

Melvin

If you are buying second hand. Make sure all is in very good condition, make sure the punches are all good and not blocked, lining up is correct, do not buy rusty sets. The staking tool can move and it rotates with ease. It s a plus that the box is in good condition. I have seen many good ones on ebay.  

I have heard of star they make a lot of watchmakers tools lathes being one, jeweling another That staking outfit looks good, the only thing I don't see with it is a balance staff removal tool. I nice new set so all should be in very good.  You cant go wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koen said:

Thanks for the info...

Thinking of buying this one... so I have also a jewel press @ same time.

https://www.boley.de/en/shop/7597.staking-tooland-friction-jewelling-outfit/606746.staking-tool

Frankly, I think it would be better to buy a good second-hand staking set and a separate jewelling tool. You can't easily correct the endshake with something like that. A Horia with a micrometric screw would be much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nutiborskoku said:

Frankly, I think it would be better to buy a good second-hand staking set and a separate jewelling tool. You can't easily correct the endshake with something like that. A Horia with a micrometric screw would be much better.

Hey Nuti... can't use 2e hand... need invoices so I can get the VAT back and bring it in as cost for the business, thats the main reason. And I like to work with new tools. ;-)

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I have heard of star they make a lot of watchmakers tools lathes being one, jeweling another That staking outfit looks good, the only thing I don't see with it is a balance staff removal tool. I nice new set so all should be in very good.  You cant go wrong. 

This set is recommended by a person who works in a watch service center, so hope it's a good one. Buying staking and jewel tool separated new is double price. :blink:

Edited by Koen

y4merCt69jUO_X9NWd9nHmMsiHp6Ru2DX1WcHgMH

y4m-pqyDbfdpvcjiPyECGDiFO_Y32dA-pm5kOjt-

y4mLyo_7j-WbR-Sg21GZ_1V9LQw4zWK54Bxhg3ZL

y4mKBicyk9d2lbSMYyQ7ZcOfokObeNQWwPGzHqX1

I'm looking to buy my first staking set and the above came up on a local eBay like site in Sweden (tradera.se). The seller (like me) knows nothing about the tool so the description simply says: "See the pictures". What would be a reasonable maximum price approximately? Thanks for any input on this! Oh, the brand name is BOLEY if it adds anything!?

y4merCt69jUO_X9NWd9nHmMsiHp6Ru2DX1WcHgMHc-ENZG-7fpCV9fuI_GWWT6EmUtOlB1NDY-p_LCWZcnibRtUDQOdoXP5sIGa9dV2cbER9lL-p_KfzESlql7WBAxsbfFed8QHaEa1mryX33d94UZNA3LVTKg_ej42nBhwZ5Qwa-1bFGrwoT1gId4hWFP-MXCfxWsw8TB4TJMhZTBwxwtHEg?width=1536%26height=2048%26cropmode=none&key=8fc74982977237e459e4e38359ecee6f5596b476dc533872760893a9c86a04a5

y4m-pqyDbfdpvcjiPyECGDiFO_Y32dA-pm5kOjt-nimupvypSc5LM5N5oG4jCafU169dL1EE537ImB5T12viwg-ovrs2c0v4v2SDPDtoRWqZowjeIN46LpYCNGwnVGsIvHsdL0HVSxYNquUqDscuZGZxzhAganRwnJWFHh5BkDjX48UWDSgDOJJB_fl5mcVmrXFoYZRKxJa_8wD16exQUBQvA?width=1536%26height=2048%26cropmode=none&key=092dd52d3d671be966b977e70c5f0be9b81257c9116c834d39a1bdbc7aff487d

y4mLyo_7j-WbR-Sg21GZ_1V9LQw4zWK54Bxhg3ZLtCjROJ-ic3JFcoa4A5gVoyKC86qRnYchotovHSksFZW5UAmcKtZaMSXG-k5EssxukXXodhk-W8NNpz_YQ9CuC3vOy7w5ZsATdCgnBZDQhX3AserD2rVayBYbjbPKYO0q477PnQfdupcnWLPjvVxn4z0AqIUVRvpfMW-ZJ9VsxOVarp6CA?width=1536%26height=2048%26cropmode=none&key=bebc0eb7d30d6c69e06efca0238dcc0e7bee410d52dfd9a2bf1f5703acb6523c

y4mKBicyk9d2lbSMYyQ7ZcOfokObeNQWwPGzHqX1LnpUqutx35M_XTeFclNj9DRH8Gl9zu364OIKLMcQQub4Za6u9MF6IT0_RpOzbNssT5gzswfZh0PWlCL2BYQj1ewWItJagulY7wVprhXQHCU7mSgJbYkOheif_gZY4-iK3-Wm59Tg3938kcYdtmmjN0a56crfUiuLPxVgH4DuNoJXDq6tg?width=1536%26height=2048%26cropmode=none&key=df4cffcbf1a187f43941714879b45a14cb6e559fa3beb470519f5c5f3ea9a48a
I'm looking to buy my first staking set and the above came up on a local eBay like site in Sweden (tradera.se). The seller (like me) knows nothing about the tool so the description simply says: "See the pictures". What would be a reasonable maximum price approximately? Thanks for any input on this! Oh, the brand name is BOLEY if it adds anything!?

This will be a fine staking set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1