Jump to content
  • 0

Rodania Chrono Quartz


Hello guys,

I have a 15 year old Quartz watch, still in very nice condition with ceramic bracelet.

The only problem with it, is that every 3 monds the battery is empty.

Can it be that I have to take the movement out and clean / oil the mechanical parts? Can this solve the problem?


Thanks for the advice.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Yes, excessive battery usage is a sign of dried lubrication. Current draw can also be measure with analog multi-meter, to compare with manufacturer specifications. Many quartz modules are more practical and economical to replace than to service. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So guys,


I dismantle the watch today...


Seems that there is a Miyota FS01 inside?

See pictures.


Is there a cheap Chinese clone for that? ;-)


New they are 21 euro + VAT


Some small differences, but think thats the date position that is different?


Mvt. Miyota FS01 10 1/2''' SC DATE4 CHRONO PARALLEL PUSH BUTTON 24H SEC MIN Quartz(377)


Mvt. Miyota FS01 10 1/2''' SC DATE6 CHRONO PARALLEL PUSH BUTTON 24H SEC MIN Quartz(377)


Mvt. Miyota FS01 10 1/2''' SC DATE3 CHRONO PARALLEL PUSH BUTTON 24H SEC MIN Quartz(377)







Edited by Koen

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Next step was to broach the pivot hole out to fit the pivot on the wheel. This was another "first" for me, so I read up, took my time and went for it. Cutting slowly from both sides, bit by bit and constantly try-fitting the wheel to check for fit and to make sure the hole was true. Also, refitting both plates with the wheel fitted to ensure there was no binding points. Finally, using the smoothing broach to harden the pivot hole, bearing surface.
    • The bush was fitted from the inside, again as required, without issue. I have an engineers flat surface which I used to get a true fit. Also, I had an appropriate sized flat headed stake in my staking set, so fitting the bush was a straightforward job. Apologies for the photo from the outside of the plate, as the focus point was off.
    • Next step, was to take the hole out to the wanted size of 4.47mm. Although I had damaged the smaller cutter in the process of the initial step, the broach had worked correctly as I learned how to use it and the hole looked great for this next step. I was cutting from the back of the plate, as required,  and using the new broach worked as I now expected it would. This photo shows the resulting hole once done, with hole now ready to accept the new bush.
    • OK - So the job got done! I know old hippy was interested in the end result, so in the interests of "full disclosure", here it is... The photo of the worn bush appeared in an earlier post, so I won't repeat it, but needless to re-iterate, is was badly worn. This is my first attempt at re-bushing, so will expect to have some "opportunities for learning the hard way". Ready to cut... I had filed a little on the opposite side of the wear t make an oval, trying to centre on the original pivot centre. I needed to fit a 4.5 mm bush with a 2.00 mm pivot hole. I bought a 4.47mm broach and a 3.97mm. The reason for the smaller cutter was that I was not sure if I could (or should) go straight to the correct size in one step. The photo shows the smaller 3.97mm cutter ready for the first cut. First learning issue: I had a lot of issues with the broach binding in one point on the hole, causing the broach to seem to want to cut offset from where I wanted it to go. I started wondering If I should have started broaching with an even smaller size first. Maybe someone could advise... In the end, I managed to get the cut straight (I was hoping anyway) but in the process managed to damage one side of the cutting edge, near the tip of the broach, where it caught on the side of hole and started to dig in.  Almost certainly knackered a £14 broach, but there you go, everyday is a learning day!
    • I love to listen to the Timex backset electronics tic, 4 soft ticks the a louder one when the second hand indexes.
  • Create New...