carlos123

Timex Stem Removal

Question

I’ve been trying to remove the stem of my Timex moon phase watch for some time now without any success. I keep revisiting it, prodding and poking different bits and still can’t get the stem to let go. So instead of eventually breaking it, I was wondering if you experts could assist me in finding the right button, lever or clip?

I’ve looked around at different websites and it seems a bit of a Timex mine field and couldn’t find anything relating to this particular movement.

Thanks in advance,

Carl

57a4035b94fac11c0260812b2162e668.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 answers to this question

is you look at the notch just where the stem inserts into the movement you will find a hairpin clip. Use a fine tip tweezers and lift it up. BE VERY CAREFUL becuase they like to go flying when you set them free!  

is you look at the notch just where the stem inserts into the movement you will find a hairpin clip. Use a fine tip tweezers and lift it up. BE VERY CAREFUL becuase they like to go flying when you set them free!  

Thanks JerseyMo, I will give that a try later, I did have a play with that clip but didn’t fully remove it - just in case...

Hopefully this will release the movement so I can get to the hands.

Cheers,

Carl

Managed to (eventually)get the stem out, however couldn’t get the movement out? Do you have take the glass out to remove the movement on this one? I noticed there were tags within the watch case, loosening these off didn’t help either

Any help will be appreciated

Carl

On 9/26/2019 at 5:17 PM, carlos123 said:

Managed to (eventually)get the stem out, however couldn’t get the movement out? Do you have take the glass out to remove the movement on this one? I noticed there were tags within the watch case, loosening these off didn’t help either emoji2955.png

Any help will be appreciated

Carl

yes, the movement comes out the front.  Those tags are what hold the dial on to the movement.