Automatic 671 omega

gary17

Hey

I am trying to get this watch going I have replaced winding stem and crown. This now enables me to turn the hands but it won't wind. 

I have not tried sorting a auto before and the problem now is Donald wrote most of his books 1950s and my watch is a 1964 cal 671 so his diagram of the auto wind mechanism does not match my watch. 

Is there anywhere I can get a more up to date diagram of. The auto mechanism. 

Cheers

Gary

It should not matter that De Carle's book pre-dates your watch, as the manual winding function is the same.

Can you confirm that the ratvhet wheel above the barrel is not turning when you wind the stem? If this is the case, then my best bet would be that there is an issue with the keyless works.... When winding, the castle (clutch) wheel needs to engage with the winding pinion which in turn rotates the crown wheel.

It should not matter that De Carle's book pre-dates your watch, as the manual winding function is the same.
Can you confirm that the ratvhet wheel above the barrel is not turning when you wind the stem? If this is the case, then my best bet would be that there is an issue with the keyless works.... When winding, the castle (clutch) wheel needs to engage with the winding pinion which in turn rotates the crown wheel.

Perhaps the clutch is not fully engaging when the stem is in “wind” position? Perhaps something is keeping it from returning as it should?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk