Hello the Forum!

Texrider

Just a quick intro for myself.  For many years in my early days I was a "one watch" guy.  I owned (still have, broken) a Tissot PR100 automatic.  The watch ran well for about 13 years (good on Tissot), and then started losing time. Epiphany.  Automatic watches need maintenance.  I had never owned one and didn't know that (I felt pretty stupid).  I loved the watch so I brought it an authorized Tissot dealer.  After about a month, they told me the movement wasn't repairable, but they could replace it for $100.  I gave the go ahead and a month a later they called to say it was done.  At that point, they said the stem wasn't a complete match (I had no idea then what that meant), but wanted to charge $200 for the replacement.  We settled on the original $100 quote after some...discussion (and my copy of the quote).  Needless to say, the watch stopped working in short order and I didn't go back.  I've kept it though, hoping someday I'd be able to properly repair, or at least properly replace the movement.  In the ensuing years, I got into collecting affordable watches (mostly under $500) and love the hobby.  I have all kinds and usually wear a different watch every day, now that I am retired.  I love to view watch reviews and particularly reviews by watchmakers where they disassemble and analyze the quality of the watch and movements as well as repair videos.  It has rather sparked an interest, and hence why I wanted to join.  I'd be thrilled to even develop the skills to simply effectively replace movements and perhaps to regulate my watches.  I've been viewing this set of forums for awhile and am impressed with the friendly and knowledgeable folks here.  So, cheers to each of you and to some interesting times ahead!

• Like 1