Hi guys,

I buy a lot of old watchmaker's tools and yesterday I got another 15 kg worth of old treasures :)

There's one that I don't recognize though. It looks like a brass plate and it has circles with numbers in them on both sides.

Does any of you know what this is?

Best,

Melvin

IMG_20190913_133424.jpg

IMG_20190913_133434.jpg

IMG_20190913_133520.jpg

1 hour ago, Nutiborskoku said:

Interesting :thumbsu:To measure the diameter of the balance wheel and the roller. Could it also be the barrel?

Would you settle for, barrel, spring thickness and the little holes for arbor? :lol:

Edited by Nucejoe
Ok, width ,thickness

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hi Everyone I have cleaned and reassembled a mantel clock, the Westminster chimes work on each of the quarter hours but it does not strike the hour strike. Any suggestions please.
    • Hi Everyone I have cleaned and reassembled a mantel clock, the Westminster chimes work on each of the quarter hours but it does not strike the hour strike. Any suggestions please.
    • If the broach starts to bind in the hole a little oil will help. For your first attempt you have done well. I’m not too sure of the bush you have chosen the hole has very little depth to the pivot and plate. This is why I always made my own. Here are two sorts of bushes that I recommend. Bergeon and KWM I wouldn’t use them. Bergeon clock brooches cutting and smoothing are one of the best, I don’t think they cover the sizes you would need for Longcase (grandfather) clocks I might be wrong. There is another type of bushing when you have experience, that is called invisible, that is when you can’t see that the clock has been bushed.     https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/mantel-clock-general https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/english-clock-bushes
    • Thank you @JohnD. This seems like a sensible 50th birthday present if not an extravagant one considering his demographic and the era. That's not to say he didn't rise above that demographic. It would be cool if our watches came with detailed provenance, sadly we're left with guesses and dreams.
    • HN Blair appears HERE....he would have been 50 in 1973......