Brass tweezers bending

Koen

Hello sirs,

I notice that my brass tweezers tips are bending to the outside... probably I use them for things were they not made for. :D

So what do I do, I bend them back in place, bud one day it will go wrong and they brake of. So do you sharpen them again then?

Hope you understand what I mean. :blink:

Thanks in advance.

Koen

They do bend. I keep my brass tweezers  pretty round and short. Not the sharp as i do with other tweezers.  I use them for bending up parts to

:). I use a diamond plate i bought on cousinsuk for dressing them. Also use some  wet and dry paper. 

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/diamond-stone

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 1

Gentle press on tweezers just to hold a piece, excessive force not only ruins the tweezers but you get lots of pieces ping off.

You ahould streigthen the bent and then dress the tweezers, lay a fine grade sand paper on top of flat glass, stroke are to be  away from the tip of prongs.

A good and properly dressed pair tweezers lets you hold an endstone on the premeter without the ping off. That is both prong keep staying aligned as you hold.

Edited by Nucejoe
Prongs parallel
  • Like 1