Seiko 7s26 running at 30 000 bph

DOS0570

Hey there,

I have following Issue with my SKX007.

I have replaced the Balance assembley, and it seemed to rung nice. With low Beat error (0.1-0.2ms) and only a few second gain per Day.

But ever so often it jumps to run at between 28000-30000 bph. Losening the Balance Cock, moving it a bit and retightnig it most often solves the Case.

Is it just the Endstones that are dirty? Or may there be another Cause?

Thanks in advance

How long will it run at 28000 +? a few seconds?

How often does this occur? once a minute? once every 5 minutes?

Does this happen with the mainspring having a few turns of the ratchet wheel or with just minimal mainspring tension?

Anilv

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to reproduce it yet. Guess its a good thing.

When it occurs, it stays this way, until I manually loosing the balance Cock.

However after inspecting the Haispring again, I found a very small amount of corrosion. I scraped most of it away, and since then I haven't experienced the Issue again. Probably some of the corrosion fell off the spring and got stuck between the Cock and the spring, effectively shortening it.

Thank you for your Tips!

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to reproduce it yet. Guess its a good thing.
When it occurs, it stays this way, until I manually loosing the balance Cock.
However after inspecting the Haispring again, I found a very small amount of corrosion. I scraped most of it away, and since then I haven't experienced the Issue again. Probably some of the corrosion fell off the spring and got stuck between the Cock and the spring, effectively shortening it.

Thank you for your Tips!

There could be many causes or contributing causes. But I have to agree with yankeedog on this one. If the beat changes dramatically and STAYED at that new speed, it is most likely a fowled hairspring. A drop of oil, perhaps? Mark demonstrated this on one of his videos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have experimented with a few different things to clean hairsprings.automotive brake cleaner is a mixed bag.one can will leave residue yielding a sticky hair spring.while the next can will not.results with CRC QD electronic cleaner have been pretty consistent.