Can't figure out Invicta part placement

LouisV

Hello all,

I replaced the battery of an Invicta watch, and I could not remember if the inside had this odd plastic reinforcement or not.  I think it came from the watch, but I can't figure out how to fit it in and close the case.  I've had no success with a general online search, so I'm hoping someone here would have some experience with this.

I could put the back on without the odd piece, but I'm afraid that some damage could occur to the watch without the piece in place.

Thanks in advance!

MVIMG_20190901_011332.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions.  Now that I know that this piece is supposed to go inside, I'm having a hard time finding the correct placement.  It doesn't snap in at any point that I've seen so far.  I've removed both protective pieces and tried to make them come together with no success.  The movement protection cover sits up very high in the watch not allowing closure. I'm still trying.

I've attached a few pics.  

MVIMG_20190901_142342.jpg

MVIMG_20190901_142338.jpg

MVIMG_20190901_141911.jpg

MVIMG_20190901_141849.jpg

3 hours ago, parmenion31 said:

those back case usually need a machine to close properly and sometimes are real pain even for profesionals . its not screw type if i can see clearly ?

You are right about the piece, and that's cool that you recognized it as Casio!  I opened a Casio G-shock watch that I recently changed a battery for, and this mystery piece exactly fit in there.  I just don't remember removing it when I first opened the Casio. :unsure:

The Invicta has a 373 battery.  The case back was a pop off type, and I definitely had a hard time removing and closing it.  I do have a watch case press and was able to close the back after some tinkering and adjusting, but I felt a great relief and euphoria when if finally snapped shut!:woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon:

Thank you, Parmenion31, for the tips, and thanks to the others that gave feedback!  I appreciate it very much!  This forum has saved me, and I'm glad I found it! :Bravo:

4 minutes ago, LouisV said:

I definitely had a hard time removing and closing it.  I do have a watch case press and was able to close the back after some tinkering and adjusting, but I felt a great relief and euphoria when if finally snapped shut!

You need to use a ring die with these. Otherwise it buckles and won't close. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Mainiem said:

Hey, with my experience, that plastic not of Invicta watch. I think it 's Casio or Timex case with big Battery CR 2016, 2032 ...

That was said above already.

BTW we have a section where it's considered polite for new members to introduce themselves.

• Confused 1