How to disassemble this?

Rigzo

Hi, Its a 20-30 years old wall clock. The brand is mentioned as Supreme (Made in Japan) I spend about 20 minutes and found how to remove hands. But now I can't separate the machine from the body. I attached photos of both sides. Please help. 

clock.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anilv said:

This looks like it unscrews? usually a screwdriver in one of the slots is sufficient to unloosen.

This type of screw ring is often seen retaining the movement to the dial.

clock.JPG.bec4b5d263de243d34c00206c3499383.JPG

Anilv

I tried turning both directions. But looks like it is fixed.

anilv is correct it unscrews from the center. A tool fits into both slots and you unscrew, you should be able to do that with a screwdriver with a decent blade fit. I would not worry too much, on how you remove the movement as long as you do so. You just buy a new movement and fit it, they come with all the little bits and pieces and you can even choose what style of hand you would like.

I'm moving this to the Clock Corner.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

anilv is correct it unscrews from the center. A tool fits into both slots and you unscrew, you should be able to do that with a screwdriver with a decent blade fit. I would not worry too much, on how you remove the movement as long as you do so. You just buy a new movement and fit it, they come with all the little bits and pieces and you can even choose what style of hand you would like.

I'm moving this to the Clock Corner.

Thank You. I tried using a screw drive, but didn't work. You know the name for that tool?

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I'm moving this to the Clock Corn

3 hours ago, Rigzo said:

Hi, Its a 20-30 years old wall clock. The brand is mentioned as Supreme (Made in Japan) I spend about 20 minutes and found how to remove hands. But now I can't separate the machine from the body. I attached photos of both sides. Please help. 

clock.jpg

Tap on the screwdriver with a little hammer or anything acting as hammer, gentle, numereous taps( impacts) will eventually break loose the nut.  You may have to tap on it a lot. Needless to say, impacts are to be applied in the direction that the loosens the nut.

You may also could grab the nut with a vice-grip or pliers, (on the outside) to loosen. 

Some folks insert tweezers into both slots and turn, as long as the tweezers you use are strong enough and cheap.

• Thanks 1

Hi To get to the works, remove the two cross head screws on the back and carefully prise the back cover off, some have lugs on each side nwhich you release , but looking at the pictures it is a prise off back. they are quite easy to do and putting them back on is easy too just be carefull all is lined up and in the correct slot before closing. I have done a lot of these quartz movements and repaired most of them no problem. If it is beyond hope they are cheap enough to buy although the better quality ones are better units, Herchinger, UTS, Keinzle, Seiko etc.  good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1