In search of user manual for a ETA Renotest Quick Checker quartz tester

bullseye13

I have been searching for an operating manual for a Renotest Quick Checker quartz movement testing machine made by ETA and cant find anything on the web. There is one for sale on Ebay with the manual and I messaged the seller and even offered to pay for a copy but the seller isnt willing to help me. So would anyone here happen to have a manual for this machine that would be willing to e-mail me a copy or send me a hard copy of the manual? I would be willing to pay you for your time and effort. 

My apologies for not introducing myself first. I had thought that I had previously posted on this forum already. My name is Corey and I started into watchmaking about 2 years ago. I am a Journeyman machinist by day and and a wannabe watchmaker at night and I love collecting the watchmakers tools just as much as I love repairing the watches. This hobby all started because I repair all of my own things from vehicles to toasters to jet engines (not my own jet engines of course)and couldn't bear to send a Hamilton chronograph out for repairs so I bought the tools I needed and practiced on a few low end watches first with great results and then serviced my Hamilton chronograph with an ETA 7750 and completed the watch with a very large smile on my face. It turned out perfect and then I was hooked on watchmaking and the tools. So far I've serviced 42 movements and have no intentions of stopping. I love this hobby and this forum although this is my first post I have been reading posts on here religiously for over 2 years. This forum is great please keep up the good work. Thanks, Corey

There are several different types of Journeyman machinists in which I am the millwright / maintenance type. I repair and maintain a fleet of specialized heavy equipment that repairs and maintains railroad tracks. I repair everything on the machines from front to back. Anything from mechanical systems to hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and computers. I mentioned jet engines in my post because I maintain two machines that have Vietnam era Pratt and Whitney J57 jet engines on them. They are used to blow and melt snow off of the track switches. I do have a horizontal mill and a small lathe that I use sometimes but by no means am a master at using them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bullseye13 said:

I mentioned jet engines in my post because I maintain two machines that have Vietnam era Pratt and Whitney J57 jet engines on them. They are used to blow and melt snow off of the track switches. 

To make things a bit more visual

TW-jet-J57-blower.jpg

Are you in Alaska by chance? I've been there three times, (including winter), mainly to implement networking and IP telephony at the gold mine in Fairbanks. Good memories!

Well that looks familiar. Nice pic. Now I'm having flashbacks of working on those outside during snow storms. That is absolutely a Pratt and Whitney J57. Ours have the same jets but the cabs are more modern. That one in the photo is an oldie. I wish I was in Alaska. I like to hunt and fish so that would be a dream but for now Michigan will have to do.

• 3 years later...