need service manule

vinn3

3 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Valjoux 724 was produced for a short time and was replaced with 729 .

Manual of which would do, If you can find one.

Ni

thanks;  that answers a few questions in my search.!  the first  is which screw holds the stem in.

8 hours ago, vinn3 said:

thanks;  that answers a few questions in my search.!  the first  is which screw holds the stem in.

To release the stem you loosen the lower one of the two screws by the stem.
I attache a service manual to the 72 but unfortunately with the wrong complication but in the 60's the tech sheets didn't always be the best.  ;) 
If you need more help it's better to continue in an other thread.

Stem release.jpg

Valjoux 72_88_721.pdf

Nivada:  The 30 mm mvt. is out of the case and stem "set in place".   you might notice,  i had to remove one of the levers to get a straight shot at the secont case screw.   i'll replace it and move on to cleaning.  vin

fair shot.jpg

open case.jpg

steping back from a complicated mvmt. repair;  i opened  a 1950's west clock wrist watch.  German made case and US mvmt..  it has a very unique stem set lever.  one of the 4 scews holding the back plate holds a lever attached to the stem set pin.  vin.

008.jpg

33 minutes ago, Watchtime said:

Westclox was founded in 1885 In Illinois by Charles Stahlberg and wellknown for the Big Ben and Baby Ben alarm clocks...They also had a plant in Scotland...

33 minutes ago, Watchtime said:

Westclox was founded in 1885 In Illinois by Charles Stahlberg and wellknown for the Big Ben and Baby Ben alarm clocks...They also had a plant in Scotland...

thanks. i've delt with" the bens"   years ago.  did not know of a wrist watch.  the alarm clocks are still sold in the U S , but,  they are bad,  half plastic  and the alarm off button is bad too.   its marked made in u.s.a..    i wounder?     vin

• 2 months later...