Derek in France

Hi everyone,

I'm Derek and moved to France about 10 years ago:  I am old and technologically challenged and my punctuation will appear slightly odd as the fullstop on my computer has  fully stopped!

I have a Junghans Mega Solar and need to change part of the ceramic watch band which is , of course, on a silicone core! I have bought the part of the silicone core that I need on the internet, the old one had broken where the springpin attaches it to the body of the watch!

I now have the length of ceramic watch band still on the silicone core, separated from th clasp and, of course , not attached to the watch body:

I have bought a tube of silicone grease which I understand is vital when it comes to sliding the new core into the ceramic sleeve but how do I get the ceramic sleeve off the broken core without wrecking anything please?

Any hints, advice and/or sympathy will be extremely welcome in this money saving attempt!

Thanks In Advance for any help you can give

Derek (Lurchermann)