Click screws

gary17

Hi

Are all click screws the same.

Are they the same width at the thread and screw head?

Are they the same length?

IF not do the same manufacturers use the same click screw in all there calibres? 

Like if i lost a click screw from a roamer watch would it matter what calibre it was?

And can you get click screws?

cheers

Not all click screws are the same. Some have a shoulder which forms the base around which the click rotates and others are simple screws which screw into a post on the bridge around which the click rotates.

You may get lucky if a screw from the same manufacture fits but unless it was from the same family of movements it may not. Eg if you need a click screw for an ETA2701 then one from any of the ETA27xx movements should fit.

Good luck

Anilv

15 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

I let the screw find a strong magnet. You are sure to get some bonus too, other screws, washers ...:lol:

That is what I used. Don't forget to demagnetize the buggers.  I used to find stuff I lost months ago. 

• Like 1

One good magnet source is those knife racks used in kitchens, mine is basically a stainless steel channel with magnets running on the inside so the whole thing is magnetised. The stainless steel makes picking the magnets off easy.

Anilv