Dpastl

Unknown Ollendorf Watch

Question

So I just picked up this watch from Ebay, thinking it would make a great special occasion watch.  I figured I'd be able to identify the movement after disassembly but I'm afraid I'm just as lost as before.  Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

What I know:

It's an Ollendorf movement.  Ollendorf was an importer of watch movements.  They have a cool logo.

The only markings are a 315 under the dial, which doesn't appear to match any movements in the Ranfft database.

Any help is super appreciated!

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

5 answers to this question

Ollendorf also owned gotham watches it seems and I've found a similar movement from an auction on ebay.  Seems like they imported a number of movements from a particular manufacturer in Europe, I just don't know who as the style is unfamiliar to me.

As a note, I found a forum post by Dr. Ranfft that suggested ollendorf might import from AS, FHF, or Felsa.  I searched through his database for those manufacturers and didn't fine anything.

Gotham skly.jpg

I found one very similar an AS635. How wide is the movement? This one comes under 24.75 - 26.75 mm

does not show back, so can not compare that. And Google searches i found nothing except spare parts for that one.

Edited by stevew

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Relentless
      Just recently bought a K&D 18 Inverto staking set on eBay, all the stomps are complete and it just missing a few stakes.
      The staking set included this weird looking stomp with a tightening lever (it seem like it) try to google for some info but failed to identify it.
      Attach is the image of the unknown tool, if I may add I also want to know the purpose of the 10 pins placed alongside the stomps (highlighted in red)
      Thanks in advance