Invicta diver NH35A

Go to solution Solved by jdm,

Question

Hey, so I have a question. I've got an Invicta dive watch with a NH35A movement here that whenever I unthread the stem and crown as it is unthreading the date starts changing. Once its unthreaded I can change it to the 1, 2 and 3 positions and set and wind it accordingly. How can I fix this and what is causing this? 

Yours truly, Josh

2 answers to this question

• Solution

That is a comon problem when the spring in the crown is a bit too weak, the stem is a bit too short or the inner portion of the stem somehow grips to the crown. If it is a new watch ask for a refund or replacement, otherwise a new crown and / or stem should be refitted by a watch repairer, unless he can find a way around the above issues. 

Edited by jdm

agreed , stem, If the watch has been in service for a while there could be some corrosion or dirt in the crown mechanism removing the stem and crown assembly and soaking it in some sort of penetrating oil might free it up.  a new crown gasket would be a good idea as the problem may have something to do with water or sweat  ingress.

• Similar Content

• By Amateurwatchbreaker
      I have been on the hunt for a vintage titoni airmaster for a while now and I have my eye on one but I am questioning whether or not it is a Franken watch. My main concerns are the spacing on the dial is too large-it appears that the movement may be loose in the case. Secondly, the caseback does not appear to be a Titoni caseback. Is this a "unknown" reference or is this a fake/franken watch? I need to know pretty soon a I am the current highest bidder and I may cancel my bid.

eBay link: 
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/402565751132
    • By GoMSUSpartans
      Looking for advice.  Daughter (7) bought me a pocket watch from a second hand store.  The hunter case crown is missing a cap to open the front. It appears to be threaded.  Essinger seems to have the right replacement part. I can't figure out how to get the stem and crown out. I think this is an old Belle Suisse 8810. Help?  Also I know it is posted to wrong forum but this was the only non grayed out option.

• By Amateurwatchbreaker
      I have a beautiful Wittnauer 11arg movement that I bought off a jewler for 10 dollars. I figured that I could easily find a suitable case to fit the movement. To this date I have been unable to find a home for this movement. A year ago I ordered a case off of ebay that matched with my movement. When the package arrived at my house it was empty. The Wittnauer 11arg movement is based off an as 1361. Does anybody know where I can find obscure parts/ know where I can get a suitable case?

• By Flozdog1
      I have managed to snap my winding stem whilst cleaning, I cannot seem to identify the correct stem, could anyone please help?

• By Alanmc
      Hi. Aftet many hours trying to fit a seagull st36 to a hamilton kahki case I think I'm done. First recieved movement and put all parts together with a pleasef smile on my face. Then the second hand stopped.... Aftet advice i took parts apart fiddled with second hand and rebuilt parts. This time the stem just doesn't engage properly and slips in and out easily. Movement is fine it seems but stem just doesn't want to play. It did when first assembled. So i am figuring i just want it working and want to send it off to someine far more experienced than I....any sugestions?