• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Hi Saswatch88 Pulling it with some extra effort worked. I hadn't heard of a split stem, but I am very new at this. After all that, and after taking some baby steps on disassembly of the self-wind mechanism (not like an ETA 2824, that's for sure) I decided I'm not quite ready to take this apart. I'll wait until I've got more experience, but may try to find someone who I'm confident can do the clean/lube/adjust the right way. Too much sentimental value to take the risk of messing it up myself.  Thanks again for the help.   
    • I mangled the pallet arm on an M22 because I put it in a bind trying to keep everything aligned while assembling.  I think I'm driving Jerseymo nuts with my incessant questions in regards to Timex's... lol. 
    • So these snippets that I have did come out of the electronic edition. It really helps that I have the paper edition so I've had a lot of time going through them and grasping what's in there. You can do a search for the words at least it's searchable. Some more in the book is balance staffs you can get the staff number that your watch is supposed to have and somewhere else it will listed dimensions. There's also a website that will do that and the bonus the website you can purchase staffs. So I snipped off the image from the website. Then as long as your pivots are the correct size and they haven't ground off broken off whatever it's probably the right staff. The likelihood of finding an incorrect staff and getting everything to fit and being too short is very unlikely. But having somebody staff and grind the pivots shorter which you should visually be able to see could be a problem. But if it looks right it probably is the right staff. The only way are really gone billet tell us to get another watch and look at It.       https://www.balancestaffs.com/eterna.php
    • I have had one interesting problem with a landeron 148 . The chronograph hand  was either to long or to thick in the tube. If i pressed it on to tight the chronograph stopped . I changed to an other hand and it worked fine. Don't now if this help . As i don't know if you have the hands on . 
    • hard to tell but it looks like it is hacked.  Technically you can do it in wind or set position with the 2824 but because of issues with the lever slipping off the clutch they suggest doing it with stem in set position so if you are in the "set" camp, you should expect to depress the set lever when re-inserting. If you don't, the stem may move the set lever back into the quickset or wind position...in which case you've defeated the purpose of having it the "set" position to begin with. I prefer stem in wind position esp on movements with hack feature which is standard on 7750 but optional with 2824.