Hello I am Hollywood Robbie

hollywood

I just want to think the admin and everyone else for letting me join his awesome forum and site, I have an old Seiko that I am wanting to restore back to new maybe better with the new parts that you can get for them now, I hope this is where I am supposed to announce and introduce myself?

Thank you 

Rob 

• Thanks 1

Thank you, guy, 's I joined because I have always wanted to learn how to work on watches, I have a few that I want to be able to work on and restore, I am a custom jeweler and I figured that I should learn about watches how they work how to restore them and the whole ball of wax, I have made jewelry for some really famous people and others that are just fans of my work, anyway I really need a source to find Seiko parts, I have a feeling that this is going to be an awesome place to get information and to go to if I get in trouble with any of my projects. 

Again

thank you 

Rob

4 minutes ago, hollywood said:

I really need a source to find Seiko parts

Which Seiko parts? Cousins UK has some, Some US material houses may have others, worth to look on Ebay, etc. There is no universal and sure source.

Edited by jdm

Thatis what I was thinking I want to replace my original 7s26 crystal with a sapphire crystal, also I want to replace my original aluminum Pepsi bezel with a ceramic bezel, then I need to know what kind of oil do I use on the inside workings? 

I bought this in the late 1990s and it needs some serious TLC now. I did not know how to take care of a good watch back then. 

thumbnail_20190818_042630.jpg

thumbnail_20190818_042945.jpg

16 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Thatis what I was thinking I want to replace my original 7s26 crystal with a sapphire crystal, also I want to replace my original aluminum Pepsi bezel with a ceramic bezel, then I need to know what kind of oil do I use on the inside workings? 

Remove (with crystal press) the crystal and measure, generic flat sapphire crystal are easy to find. Same for bezel insert, measure and search internet for a replacement. Working on mov't is another matter, you will need even more specific tools and skills, I highly recommend that do not begin with valuable pieces because the very high chances of damaging something. Now, a 7S26 can be conveniently replaced with an NH36 that hacks and winds, still the caution applies. Watch the below videos by our Host mark Lovick and consider enrolling his excellent course for gradual and complete education. Finally use the search function on the top right, we have very many thread about the 7S26 here.

• Like 1