Timex Movement 21 Issues (not jeweled movement)

33 minutes ago, ramos3120 said:

p.s. having trouble uploading images

How do you try, that and what happens when you do? You can also upload on any image hosting website, copy URL to clipboard, click "Insert other media" ---> Image from URL, paste URL.

There are several possible issue.

1) The movement comes out from the back of the watch, and it is held in by the crown, and with a metal spring clip.

2) The movement comes out from the back of the watch, and it is held in only by a metal or plastic movement holder and the crown.

3) The movement comes out from the front of the watch and you need to remove the crown and then the crystal to extract it.

4) Some other arrangement.

In order to figure out what the actual issue is, we would need to see pictures.

You should have posted a front pic also. As mentioned when the dial is wider than the mov.t it must logically come out from the top after removing the crystal. It is called a front loader, there are very many threads about that, just use the search function top right. 

I would say 99% certain that has to come out of the front. I've never seen a Timex with a case that splits, but I do have a bunch of "front loader" Timexes,  so I would say you need to pop the crystal off, and the mechanism and dial will fall out of the front.

You will almost certainly need a crystal lifter to do this, as original Timex crystals are a very tight fit.

Pictures of the front would be good too, so we know what model you are dealing with.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:20 PM, ramos3120 said:

I am having trouble removing an early Timex movement 21 from it's case. The timex service manuals don't seem to address this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

p.s. having trouble uploading images

Need to post pictures otherwise its all just a guessing game.

2 hours ago, jdm said:

Pic above, it's a front loader, don't you think?

nope, that is not a front loader. I've never seen a US Time and or Timex with a #21 that is a front loader.  I'd say it was not until 1959 - 1960 when the 100 series with aluminum case came out that there was a fron loader in the line-up.

to remove the movement from the one above you simply remove the rubber ring along with the metal ring.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JerseyMo said:

to remove the movement from the one above you simply remove the rubber ring along with the metal ring.  

Thank you. I could not recognize a rubber ring (that's great anti-shock idea), which made me think there was no mov't ring at all.

Looking better at the case that simply couldn't be.

Edited by jdm