WillFly

Today? I Fancy A 1960S Enicar...

Ariste Racine started his watch production in 1913 in the Jura mountains north of Geneva. The name "Racine" had already been copyrighted, so Ariste reversed his surname and registered the trademark as "Enicar". The firm produced watches up until 1988. There were massive sales to the Middle and Far East, and you have to watch out for repaints, fakes, etc. This is a nice clean one from the 1960s, with an AR 1010 movement in it.

Enicar%201.jpg

Enicar%202.jpg

Edited by WillFly

Another fine watch in remarkable condition with a high quality movement,  well worth keeping and preserving,  I notice it has got Incabloc shock protection.  Incabloc in it's self is fascinating in the way it works and how they ever manufacture such tiny, tiny jewels and settings is a mystery to me.

RogerC

Horrible feeling not being able to sign your own work with your own name, still a great idea doing it in reverse another beautifully preserved example Will.

How may watches do you have in your collection?

At the moment I have:

15 American mechanical hand-wound pocket watches, of which 11 are Railroad Grade and the rest 3 are US military with a 4th UK military with an American (Elgin) movement.

15 mechanical hand-wound wristwatches: 4 Roamer, 3 Hamiltons (1 with a Swiss ETA 6497 movement), 3 Wittnauer, 1 Enicar, 1 Elgin, 1 Paul Jobin, 1 Longines, 1 Smiths. All pre-1970 with the exception of the Swiss Hamilton.

2 modern quartz watches: 1 Certina DS Podium chronograph and a Seiko Solar.

Edited by WillFly

Hello to all, I'm new here I discovered Mark channel and realized it might be possible to service a watch by myself :)

I've just finished level 2 and I have a question regarding an AR1010 movement :

I bought a cheap one on ebay and started to stripped it down filming myself under a microscope, the trouble I have is that the microscope is very close to all the parts and now I'm stuck at putting everything back in order.

I'm sure someone here already tried to service that movement and I would greatly appreciate any help I can get to put it back together !

I now have a smaller microscope so will try to be smarter next time (I got an ETA 1258 auto for my next project : Enicar seapearl automatic)

Thanks again for your help and excuse my english as it is not my mother tongue :)

s-l16004.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

7 hours ago, AndyHull said:

Thank you for this, I've found that before and also a detailed list of parts. Actually I'm looking more for a service manual (dunno if that exist anymore) or the order of reassembly from the beginning. I have the feeling the pallet fork should be placed first (it's secure by a bridge deep inside the mechanism) but it seems strange to me according to Marks video? Thanks again for your help

I have several vintage Enicar, movements are in-house.Based on jules borel, I find that only a few movement parts are nterchange at all and with like omega.

I wonder if more parts are interchangable than what borel says, anyone knows ? Or any other data base?

Hi. I inherited an Enicar sherpa graph watch from my father. Can anyone recommend a reliable repair shop in New York City? This watch has a huge sentimental value, so I don't want to entrust it to just anyone. Many thanks for any suggestions. Heather

5 hours ago, Heather said:

Hi. I inherited an Enicar sherpa graph watch from my father. Can anyone recommend a reliable repair shop in New York City? This watch has a huge sentimental value, so I don't want to entrust it to just anyone. Many thanks for any suggestions. Heather

Hello and welcome. Please stop by this topic here and introduce yourself to the group. It's a courtesy we all give each other. Thank you.