Unitas Calibre 6325 Service Walkthrough

y4mQf6IUnsNbUUh-oR8MdrbbciZO8KDl_IEhs19H

Unitas Calibre 6325 Service Walkthrough Pictures - Disassembly
(Please sort the pictures by name in ascending order)

For the disassembly sequence to make sense it is very important that the pictures are sorted by name in ascending order. Generally, the sequence of pictures first shows the part to be removed in its position on the movement and the following picture shows the removed part separately.

Unitas Calibre 6325 Service Walkthrough Pictures - Assembly
(Please sort the pictures by name in ascending order)

For the assembly sequence to make sense it is very important that the pictures are sorted by name in ascending order. Generally, the sequence of pictures first shows the part to be assembled along with any screws holding it in place. The following picture shows the section of the movement where that part is to be assembled along with my lubrication suggestion, and the picture after that shows the part when assembled on the movement.

The Unitas calibre 6325 is very similar to the Unitas calibre 6498 which is the course movement on watchrepairlessons.com. Unfortunately, due to its increasing popularity, the Unitas calibre 6498 is becoming more and more expensive, although there are inexpensive Chinese clones. So, in my opinion, Unitas calibre 6325 is an excellent and inexpensive option for the course. As a matter of fact, there is a version of the Unitas calibre 6325 having a bridge configuration that looks to be identical to the Unitas calibre 6498. You’ll find plenty of watches housing the Unitas calibre 6325 on eBay.

Unitas Calibre 6325 links:
bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Unitas 6325 - mtr-Ranfft

Unitas 6325 - 17jewels.info
„Wehrmachtswerk“; Unitas 6325 - Junghans Vintage

• Like 5

Fantastic! You did a lot of work on this but the results are worth the effort. Great pictures and I love the little arrows showing where to oil and what oils to use. It will be a very helpful reference to someone starting on their watchmaking adventure with this movement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnHutchins said:

Fantastic! You did a lot of work on this but the results are worth the effort. Great pictures and I love the little arrows showing where to oil and what oils to use. It will be a very helpful reference to someone starting on their watchmaking adventure with this movement.

Thank you for your kind words, John, they mean a lot to me! :biggrin:

Complemented the assembly image sequence (please see the first post in this thread) with images from my timing machine. I'm happy with the result, especially the amplitude,  which I believe is pretty much as good as can be expected from the Unitas Calibre 6325. However, I'd appreciate and take great interest in your opinion about the amplitude!

While on the topic of amplitude (although OT I, of course, don't mind), here are my gathered notations of what to investigate should it be to low:

o    Over-oiling in general, for example, the pallet stones, the seconds hand pivot.
o    Jewel settings not sitting flat under the anti-shock spring creating friction on the balance staff pivots.
o    Too little end-shake.
o    Balance staff pivots and jewel holes not cleaned and polished well enough!
o    Too weak mainspring.
o    Hairspring problems (magnetism, dirt, debris, asymmetrical)
o    The hairspring index pins (bent, not running properly along the hairspring terminal curve)
o    Train of wheels not running smoothly (friction problems).