Balance Complete for Omega 30t2pc

Hi guys. I'm looking for a complete balance assembly for an Omega 30t2pc. But I'm not sure of the part number.

Cousins list it as "Balance Complete ( 1327 ), Omega 260". But they list the same part for the entire Omega 30t series. Even though I know the balance staffs are different sizes in this series depending on whether there is an inca shock (I found this out from balancestaffs.com). The t2pc has an inca shock so I don't think the one Cousins list will fit properly.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this movement? Or some documentation that might help? Thanks in advance :)

Hej Igen, 
Yes there are two different stems on cousine and it is as you say with or without shock. Below I compiled a small list one can use.

(OME2601321)
OMEGA 260
OMEGA 261
OMEGA 265-266
OMEGA 267
OMEGA 280
OMEGA 283
OMEGA 284
OMEGA 30SCT2
OMEGA 30T2PC
OMEGA 30T3

(RONDASTAFFS1856)
OMEGA 26.5
OMEGA 26.5T1
OMEGA 26.5T2
OMEGA 26.5T3
OMEGA 262
OMEGA 281
OMEGA 30
OMEGA 30SCT2
OMEGA 30T1
OMEGA 30T2RG

Okay. I'm slowly getting my head around this. The 30t2pc is now called the 260. So according to this PDF Cousins are indeed listing the correct part. The 260 / 1327.

What's confusing me is that they list the same part for the 30t2 with no shock. Even though that one requires a different size balance staff.

And also Balancestaffs.com lists the ronda 1856 as being compatible with the shock and non-shock. Even though the staffs are a different size. :startle:

IMAGE 19-08-2019 AT 12.10.JPG

357_260_complet_2015.pdf

If you look at cousine you will see the balance complete for your movement 30T2PC is the same as for the Omega 260, "Balance Complete ( 1327 ), Omega 260" which is the one they use for the whole range of movements using the same balance cock with incablock shock.

There is an 30T2RG too but this one has no shock and therefor use one other balancestaff (RONDASTAFFS1856) and the balance cock here originated from the caliber 26.5.

The Omega 260 balance complete is marked obselete on cousine so you have to look at the option to replace the balance staff with the one called "OME2601321" at cousine..

But if you would search the bay sometimes you might find one looking for the other calibers using the same staff.

I missed your post with the balancestaffs.com
30T2RG = OME26.5 BS4132 (RONDASTAFFS1856) (A=305) This also has an early inca version BS4133 (RONDASTAFFS4187) (A=305)
30T2PC = OME260  BS4149 (RONDASTAFFS3276) (A=329) and now I see what you mean, here they say you could use the slightly longer version too BS4148 (RONDASTAFFS1858) (A=332) which I'm not so sure of, even if the staff lenght isn't that far off it might affect the movement of the balance wheel since the pressure from the inca block springs would be slightly higher all time and one might not have any endshake at all. I would go with the original lenght of these.

Omega 30T2PC.png

Edited by HSL
  • Like 1