Howdy from Texas

ITProDad

Hello all.

i am an amateur watch maker and collector who has worked on primarily vintage pocket watches for about 12 years.  I have recently become completely enthralled with wrist watches, modern and vintage.  There are few activities more fun for me than to learn a new movement.   I do full servicing of these watches, disassembling, cleaning and reassembling to improve their performance and longevity.  Purely as a hobby and passion!!

My profession is in information technology, currently with a major aircraft manufacturing company.  I’m also a decent wood worker and live in North Texas, USA.  

My interest in horological started with my father who was a Station Master for KCS Railroad, 1950-1970s.   He had a special Elgin wrist watch he had to have adjusted every 6 months, per KCS guidelines at that time.  Never got a close look at that watch but have been collecting and learning to completely service them from any source possible.  Very happy to be here and really looking forward to chatting with you all!

kind regards

On 8/17/2019 at 3:24 AM, Watchtime said:

Hi, welcome and enjoy WRT

Thank you.  Im very excited to find a group where I could talk shop.  What’s the fun in restoring a movement or replacing a 1mm jewel if I cant talk about it with people who understand the accomplishment of learning a new skill.

• Thanks 1