Hello from Shanghai

Hello everyone, 

My name is Jason. I live in China, and I have been working on Chinese standard (tongji) movements for about six months. 

I am hoping to improve my skills and start working on more advanced movements in the future. 

I am currently at the end of Course 2 of the Watch Repair Lessons and looking forward to working on the Hangzhou 9000 movement, which is based on the Unitas 6498.

The Hangzhou was my movement of choice because I have read that the Sea-Gull 3600 has some design flaws, and I want to make a watch out of my movement when I have finished the courses. 

Thanks for taking the time to read my introduction.

See you in the forum. 

Regards, 

Jason

ps: I have attached a photo of my current work area. Honestly, it was a mess before watching the video in Course 1 about keeping your area clean.  

IMG_20190815_211333.jpg

1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

Hi you will be  a good source of chinese movements , good to have you with us.

Thanks again. I hope so.

The Hangzhou 9310 (Unitas 6498 clone) that I am using for Watch Repair Course 2 was the most expensive movement I have purchased; it cost me 149rmb,  which is  $21usd. I don't know how that compares to other clones of the 6498, but I think I got a good deal.