It's time I said hello!

JasonND

Hello All, 

I've had access to the lessons now since this past December  I thought I would finally say hello! My name is Jason and live in North Dakota USA. I have a serious watch and watch repair bug. I am still very much a novice and still do not feel comfortable servicing any of my watches as of yet. In fact I am still disassembling and reassembling the Unitas 6497. I have done this only 4 times now. Not very many watchmakers in ND and believe there are only 2 in the entire state that do it professionally. 1 that I frequently speak with who is a bone fide CW21 located in Fargo informed me that the Units 6497 was the exact movement he learned on. Said tear it down and put it back together until you can do it blind folded. So that is what I am doing!I truly hope I get to know you all!

Welcome Jason.  I’m also in the US.  A bit further south, in Texas. I had the same problem finding a genuine watch maker to service my first vintage purchase. So I did what any sensible person would do in that case.  Instead of looking outside of my local, I spent thousands of dollars and years of my time learning to do most things myself.   Still learning and making mistakes.   Don’t regret a cent or a moment!!

welcome, and enjoy!!

regards

• Like 1