Hi. My first build over with a Hamilton case,dial and a seagull st2031 (eta 2824-2 clone) and i was chuffed with my efforts. However aftet a day wearing I notice the movement stops. I wind it up and it runs then stops. I'm thinking hands may be rubbing as i had a lot of difficulty fitting them or the stem may be cut too short? The second hand seems to like stopping mostly at 34 seconds. The balance wheel also stops as does the hour and minute hand. Suggestions? Thanks

I suggest you remove the hands and see how it goes, if it still stops, remove the movement from the case and remove the dial and test. if it stops, let all the power down, remove balance and pallets, just give it a little power, see if the train runs free if so reassemble and try. If it doesn't then you need to look at the wheels in turn and check teeth pivots and pinions and jewel holes. If all fails let me know.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I suggest you remove the hands and see how it goes, if it still stops, remove the movement from the case and remove the dial and test. if it stops, let all the power down, remove balance and pallets, just give it a little power, see if the train runs free if so reassemble and try. If it doesn't then you need to look at the wheels in turn and check teeth pivots and pinions and jewel holes. If all fails let me know.   

Thanks. Im thinking it should ve the hands as the movement is brand new... 

I'm waiting on delivery of a peoper hand pusher and hand remover this time....

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Thanks. Im thinking it should ve the hands as the movement is brand new...