Is this hairspring ok?

SiZi

Hi The staight answer is no, The flat point wants re-curving , bearing in mind the position where it lies in the regulator pins, In the quiet state the spring should be in the centre between the pins so a when the spring oscillates it touches the outer and the inner pins,  effectivly shortening of lenghtning the spring depending on which way the regulator is moved.    Therefore slowing down,  lenthening or speeding up shortening the spring.

• Like 1

You need to fit it into the movement, then check, make sure it is even all round, not touching anything. Does it look right looking down on it, not bunched up on one side.  Is it free between the regulator, regardless where the regulator is, it should be free to move. If the answer is yes then try it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

You need to fit it into the movement, then check, make sure it is even all round, not touching anything. Does it look right looking down on it, not bunched up on one side.  Is it free between the regulator, regardless where the regulator is, it should be free to move. If the answer is yes then try it. 

9 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Hi The staight answer is no, The flat point wants re-curving , bearing in mind the position where it lies in the regulator pins, In the quiet state the spring should be in the centre between the pins so a when the spring oscillates it touches the outer and the inner pins,  effectivly shortening of lenghtning the spring depending on which way the regulator is moved.    Therefore slowing down,  lenthening or speeding up shortening the spring.

Thanks guys, I’ll check after putting it back. I’m waiting on some supplies before I do. I’ll keep you posted! 

• Like 1

Needs very little work. Mount it on mainplate without other parts.

Just the cock and mainplate.

This will give you near 300 degrees( all around  ) access to the HS. See what work it needs, Can be fixed without removing the HS.

If you remove the HS, the balance complete would need uilding.

Edited by Nucejoe
Building

6 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Needs very little work. Mount it on mainplate without other parts.

Just the cock and mainplate.

This will give you near 300 degrees( all around  ) access to the HS. See what work it needs, Can be fixed without removing the HS.

If you remove the HS, the balance complete would need uilding.

Got it 

• Thanks 1