ArborealCephalapod

Going to assemble a watch!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I got this little beauty  at a swap meet on Sunday.  I changed the battery and still nothing.  I know nothing about quartz. Is there a trick I kneed to know?  Is it worth taking down to be repaired?  Should I look for an ETA movement to put inside?  It does have the gold matching band in good condition.
    • So jdm if you want I can mail you the watch of your dreams.
    • When I was in the armoured corps they said “when I doubt Pit Out” aka go to sleep. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • Thanks for the reference. I may have that book. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • Thank you AndyHull and JerseyMo for responding with really helpful instructions!  You guys rock!  i have to get some rodic to help hold these two little mini-monsters in place. I was trying to use a small bit of sticky-tack but it didn't hold well enough.  I would get the screw into position but it would fall over when the screwdriver touched the screw.   For the 24 movement that still has the broken screw end in it, I will try to get that out after I get the lever and screw installed in my working 24.  And yes, I will install the crown/stem AFTER I have the lever and screw in place on the plate. Again, thanks for your help- i really appreciate it!!!  Will let you know when I get things back together.