Complex display case back

Hello everyone,

Coming across this issue for the first time.

I have a Tissot watch I’m cleaning and has this cool display case back with a steering wheel profile on it. It’s a single piece with the case back as you can see in the pics here:

71233fde007499d73b03450b569efaa7.jpg

00eabaebd818d60604e2813eed2bcd75.jpg

I was drying it out and I stupidly left a fragment of paper trapped under the center portion between the glass and metal logo. I didn’t capture it very well but you can see it in the second picture. It’s very noticeable otherwise.

I’ve tried putting it back in the US tank and flushing but it’s stuck. It seems that I will have to remove the crystal to clean it properly... but how??

I can’t push it out because of the shape of the case back, so I can’t use my press. Here I’m thinking, what if the crystal needed to be replaced? Would you have to crack it to remove it?

I’m hoping someone would enlighten me on this.

Thank you very much!!!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, jguitron said:

I can’t push it out because of the shape of the case back, so I can’t use my press. Here I’m thinking, what if the crystal needed to be replaced? Would you have to crack it to remove it?

You need to cut a new die with slots for the spokes. Delrin or nylon would be the best materials. Ideally you would use a lathe, it can also be done by hand and file, it will be ugly but will work. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jguitron said:

Thank you very much.

You’re welcome. To make your life easier you can modify a die of the rimmed type, then order a new set. They are very cheap on AliX, etc. 

• Like 1

You’re welcome. To make your life easier you can modify a die of the rimmed type, then order a new set. They are very cheap on AliX, etc. 

Totally agree. In fact it’s of a size I otherwise very rarely use so I may not have to replace it.

I’ll try and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk