Help Identifing a watch Citizen

I am trying to find information on this watch. on back of cast: Citizen 25 Jewels  4-760182TA BLG-K GN-1-S  and Japan imprinted on bridge. On the front Citizen Automatic.

This one was fixed in the past and the gentleman removed the second hand and the post that it runs on. I am wondering if he changed out the cannon pinion. If someone knows where I can find parts or and old movement I could strip down to replace what is missing that would be a big help.

Client said this came from an uncle that owned a watch repair shop in the 60's. He told him that this watch was a  Dealer example to show the customers how the watch worked. I would really like to find and replace the original second hand if I could.

Thanks, Charlie of OldManTique

Front.jpg

back.jpg

Edited by Charlie925
More information to add.

That is a Citizen Skeleton . I had one of those . Dropped the clutch wheel when servicing it . I search almost everywhere for a replacement.  I ended up selling it as donor watch. 

Maybe it's easier to find one today? Think the movement is 7290 ? 

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I'm new to the craft, but I have been using a neoprene mat (think a giant mousepad). It can get a bit dirty but nothing slides or bounces off it, it has stopped a few screws from bouncing off my desk into the abyss.
    • Have you looked here. https://moleroda.com/radial-wheels-for-cleaning-and-polishing/
    • Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum. We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 
    • The problem sounds very much like what might happen when failing to do the reset procedure. The stopwatch not working could be a few things.  There are two different motors, one for the center sweep seconds and one of the minute counter.  Damaging a coil is the most likely thing to do wrong when changing the battery, but that would likely just take out one of the two.  So "start" it wait and see if the minute counter doesn't tick over.  If that ticks, and you've done the reset procedure, it's probably damage to the sweep second coil. If neither works, then it could be the button contact is damaged.  It's a tiny bit of copper trace on the PCB that curls around the edge to make a circuit and it can break off.  There's a way to trigger the buttons from the small pads on the back of the movement, as well as check them with a multimeter, if you are familiar with one. But give this a try, pull the crown out to the second position and hold down button "B" (10 o'clock) for a few seconds.  This is suppose to spin the minute counter to let you reset it to 0.  If it doesn't move and (I assume) button 'A' (2 o'clock) doesn't start the chronograph, then either both buttons have failed at the same time or there is something else wrong. A leaking battery can take out the traces on the circuit board, and this can take out the motors and/or buttons, but you didn't say anything about it and it should be obvious if it leaked enough to do that.  
    • Perhaps not where you live, but here in DK, you get by the taxman financially quartered if you order from outside the EUSR. These center wheel weren't that expensive 5 - 7 years ago, around $45-$50. I guess stock is drying up and these days we have to pay with worthless confetti money.