Watch Makes Scrapping Sound Crown Up

I just finished repairing an old 7J Waltham for a friend. Got it going well face up, face down, crown down: but scraping sound and slows down and sometimes stops crown up. Is this the impulse jewel closed to the opening back of the palate fork or could it be the hair spring. This is a very cheap watch so I don’t want to spend to much more time. Already replaced the mainspring and cleaned it up significantly. And I made a bow out of a coat hanger wire and a lot of pounding.67234001858654b499674c8b1808ad55.jpga54ecfef068a30020dbca5707249527c.jpg71d3d62d4931fd54018ff89c74712060.jpg3390c897d7ca9e21336ddfcdbbfda278.jpg

Help.6f9d8a2d977808ea4b4bdc9eb5907b84.jpg02ad2caaa7aaed6eafa33dbd3a8e3983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I too, suspect the roller and guard pin rubing, since excess side shake reduces the distance between the two in dial up position. 

Back home, will check this out tomorrow. Bugs me as it took a lot of work to get this one working again...needs to fully work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

And this is the reason I stopped doing favours for people and their old watches, I had one not so long ago that I eventually spent about 6 weeks working on it, spent about £100 trying to source parts ( old cylinder movement ) and in the end only got it semi working, very frustrating and added pressure to ones life. 

But nice job done there mate, I’ll jump on the side shake train of thought and new jewel required.

And this is the reason I stopped doing favours for people and their old watches, I had one not so long ago that I eventually spent about 6 weeks working on it, spent about £100 trying to source parts ( old cylinder movement ) and in the end only got it semi working, very frustrating and added pressure to ones life. 
But nice job done there mate, I’ll jump on the side shake train of thought and new jewel required.

Turned out the impulse jewel shellac was completely gone on the roller table. Now works, however, can't get it to run fast enough Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk