Remove movement Citizen 5204

One needs to post pictures back and front to help others help. Likely however it's a front loader, search this forum for the many threads about that. 

Edited by jdm

Hi, Jdm is very right. Picture helps a lot, Advice will be pouring in.

Dr ranfft website show most any mass produced movement.  To make inquiry search like this,

Citizen5204 ranfft. 

You can get the movements image off of the site and post on this here thread, showing what are talking about.

Best wishes

Hi researching a little deeper it looks as though the bezel ring comes off and the cryatal  is removed allowing the movement to pop out (see attached)  as long as the movement retainer lugs and screws are removed.  Information gleaned from the  Seiko/Citizen   SCWF.

Crystal7BezelRemove.jpg

The bezel is under the glass. It is dirty but it seems that the ring around the glass is part of the case.

Does anybody know what kind of glass this is? It is clearly very scratched but not sure it doesn't look acrylic although I can't honestly say 

53 minutes ago, JoseLorente said:

The bezel is under the glass. It is dirty but it seems that the ring around the glass is part of the case.

What you call bezel is the chapter ring. The bezel may seem one part with the case but isn't. If you look around the seam with a loupe it may have a small reces to start prying. Otherwise work around it with a blade like an ☓acto knife. Once you have some light continue with a case back knife. 

Edited by jdm
  • Like 1

Hey ... I just serviced a similar one with a 5470 inside. And it had a retainer ring.... That was a big tricky to take out but that came out at the end. The retainer ring is actually where the screws sit to hold the movement in place.

12 hours ago, jdm said:

What you call bezel is the chapter ring. The bezel may seem one part with the case but isn't. If you look around the seam with a loupe it may have a small reces to start prying. Otherwise work around it with a blade like an ☓acto knife. Once you have some light continue with a case back knife. 

Thanks jmd, it was actually easier that I thought. I came out nicely on my first try.

I can finish now the disassembling.