Dial repairing

Hope in right section. I was wondering what they use to to do the dial markings? the lines are so fine. Mainly i am concerning Pocket Watches, and what is the best ink/paint etc to use and how or what to use to do the fine lines?. In the older days they never had the equipment of nowadays. Any help would be great

Hope in right section. I was wondering what they use to to do the dial markings? the lines are so fine. Mainly i am concerning Pocket Watches, and what is the best ink/paint etc to use and how or what to use to do the fine lines?. In the older days they never had the equipment of nowadays. Any help would be great
They used first silk-print method then pad-print method I guess.
I've done test silk-printing but I still need to train a BIG lot.

If you want to reprint a dial search for "sunnyscopa film-free waterslide decal paper" on the web.
Design your dial with Photoshop or Illustrator, mirror print on a film-free decal paper and follow the instructions.
Great method !!!
Mark showed it on one of his tutos.
I'm waiting for a gold 14000 Air-King dial that needs some repair (minute track has badly faded).
I'll shoot some pics along the repair process and post it on the forum.

Envoyé de mon moto g(7) power en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 5:55 AM, stevew said:

Since you posted this I've done a bit of research and have decided Pad Printing would be worth investigating. Dials have always been difficult for me to make look right considering I'm only working for my collection and on watches that are valuable only to me—before and after service—so an inexpensive way to make a dial took respectable would be a big win for me.