Testors paint for minute hand?

SiZi

I am restoring a Seamaster that has black paint on its minute and hour hands. It is starting to chip off though and I’d like to refresh it. Can I use  testors modelling paint for this and are there any tips you could share? Thank you!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, m1ks said:

Assuming that's enamel, then yes you could. Thin it with appropriate thinner or white spirit, mount the hand on a cocktail stick and use a small brush.

11 hours ago, CaptCalvin said:

To get the most even and uniform results, make sure to coat the entire surface in just one stroke.

Thank you!

it seems as if the hands were painted on from the back so that a layer of paint would just fill the gap and this way the finish from the front looks perfect 

What you're describing sounds like the way lume is applied, if the hands are hollow and the paint shows through its a bit trickier as the consistency has to be right for the surface tension to hold without making the paint too thick.

With enamel you'll get a smoother and better finish properly thinned and with a second coat if necessary, it needs to level and cure and oil based model enamels have a long cure time and are hard wearing.

Unthinned and trying to do it in one coat will be counter productive and potentially leave the paint too thick.

Edited by m1ks