New Newbie here!

HaydenE

Hello! I stumbled across the youtube channel after looking up "how to make your own watch", I had an idea pop in my head of how I can combine my two passions of cars and watches into a unique watch. Now I'm currently trying to research on how I can make this idea a reality. After doing some digging around about watch making I've become obsessed with how watches are but together and designed! Also shoutout to the watch repair channel, whenever I have time to kill instead of watching TV I've been watching his videos. Informative, interesting, and also relaxing in a way. 

Also to add the first challenge I've had...

Currently I've been struggling to match parts that work with one another. My idea involves using blank watch disks and then using this method to make my own watch faces http://www.thetimebum.com/2017/01/how-to-modify-watch-moflake-returns.html

Currently I've only found these blank disks and so far I've been struggling to match up movements and cases that fit any of the 4 options the website gives you. https://www.esslinger.com/watch-dials-blank-brass-dial-discs/.

How do I know which movement and case will fit a certain size dial?

Thanks for any help! 

I don't think you would have trouble getting any of those sizes to work with a common movement. They don't have dial feet to line up and don't have a date window or small seconds or chronograph holes. Keep in mind that you can always cut a dial out of a thin sheet of brass to make it the size you need. Making it round is harder without a lathe but it is possible to still spin it on a rotary tool and grind down the edge.