SiZi

My first! Omega 565 cal. Seamaster project

I’m in the process of servicing my first watch ever, after completing two levels of Mark’s course. I welcome tips :)

So far I have disassembled and done one cleaning. Next, I will use the ultrasonic and then will lubricate and reassemble. Fingers crossed!

415B3FD1-3EB1-4465-8287-E4D33B525F48.jpeg

E2D611A9-6F52-4ECD-B82A-A131184ABE09.jpeg

7 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi SiZi      my pleasure we are all here to help where we can. Its what this site is all about  cheers.

Glad I'm here!

6 hours ago, Watchtime said:

really nice work for a 1st timer...well done...did you see Mark's comment about putting back the main spring by hand...:biggrin:

lol, yes, but it was too late! I didn’t have a wonder and wasn’t ready to wait several weeks for one to arrive (I live in India). So, this time won’t be best practice :)

6 hours ago, jackie01 said:

Congratulations. It's pleasant to see this work. Would you describe how you did cleaning process od the dial?

Thank you, and sure... first I used cotton buds to very gently wipe dirt off the dial face. Then, for the metal hour markers at 12,3,6,9 a little simichrome was used with a cotton bud. I had to be super gentle through the process. 

On 9/9/2019 at 1:33 AM, SiZi said:

lol, yes, but it was too late! I didn’t have a wonder and wasn’t ready to wait several weeks for one to arrive (I live in India). So, this time won’t be best practice :)

Many people will disagree, but I find that it is ok to fit mainsprings by hand if you are careful. I still use a winder when it's easier though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.