Hello All !

jagjet

I have just joined and I am finding my way as I go. I have a few projects and a couple may require some help from the old sweats, but helps from a new guy is also welcome.

Project 1 Hamilton 8 day contract cock from a Consolidated B-24 bomber from WWII. This aircraft is responsible for sinking a German U-Boat in the Mediterranean The click spring that prevents the barrel from unwinding has broken. If possible I would like an original if one can be sourced.   If not I had thought to make a part from silicon sheet.

Project 2 A Pulsar, Time Computers Inc. early 1970's. I need a ruby crystal as mine is damaged.

Project 3 Elgin Pocket watch Railroad grade, complete but not running. Getting it back to health.

So maybe a bit ambitus, but not out of the realm of possibilities.

Thanks Robert Phelps

Williamsburg, VA.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• the problem with vintage watches and yes quartz watches can be vintage is availability of parts will be a problem. I have a link below where we can cross reference the coil and  I was hoping for more. Another problem for vintage parts are everyone on the group gets used to ordering from online. Conceivably the physical material houses that still exist out there might have the part and you'd have to reach out to them and see if anyone has one. this is because they don't list every single part that they have online with the exception of cousins where everything they do is online work just doesn't exist but the other material houses can have stuff not listed. Otherwise just set up a search on eBay and sooner or later it will possibly show up if you're lucky.   http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=SEK_6020A  
    • Hi welcome to the forum.    Enjoy
    • the bestfit book refers to Revue as wittnauer and the fingerprint we have this.
    • Maybe a little off-topic, but it still amazes me that most people (and myself before I got into this hobby) don't realise that the movement of their watch was (in most cases) not made by the name on the dial of the watch. This is especially true of many 'fashion' watches which use the cheapest of cheap movements ($4 each) which are completely out of proportion to the overall cost of the watch ($++100s). Usually the actual manufacturer is stamped somewhere inconspicuous on the movement, usually around the balance, and this is what you need to find so you can locate spare parts or servicing manuals etc. This is like buying a top of the line Rolls Royce Phantom and learning it has a BMW engine..... oh wait a minute, it does! (6.75-liter, 460-horsepower BMW V12 engine - reference)
    • I have an image of what the case is supposed to look like disassembled. then an interesting website https://www.mybulova.com/vintage-bulova-catalogs there's all sorts of interesting things here for anyone in watch repair. but for the particular subject these are the two I recommend. You can see page 7 is where I got the image of the case. Then the word apartment technical manual is really a training manual of watch repair covers wristwatches and pocket watches everybody should have a copy of this.