Hello from New York. 2892 a2 watch build help

Henry149

Hello everyone,

Just found this forum as I am starting to venture into watchmaking as a hobby.  I've built several 2824-2 watches and venturing into the 2892 a2 series.  I've been looking around for a small (34-36 mm) case for the 2892 a2 movement, but can't seem to find one with the appropriate retaining ring.  I've tried adapting a 2824-2 case with ring to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  No luck on ebay or internet searches for an appropriate dial spacer.  Help, I am at a standstill, I'm sure I can't be the first to try or do this.

Henry

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

If it came down to it, movement retaining ring can be turned on a lathe out of teflon.

I'm sure that the OP doesn't have a lathe. He can still buy an assortment pack and adapt by hand the most suitable from there.

1 hour ago, jdm said:

I'm sure that the OP doesn't have a lathe. He can still buy an assortment pack and adapt by hand the most suitable from there.

Just recently received an escape wheel from @rogart63  through this "pass it on program"  among members. 

I have several SS cases to house eta movements and will be happy to send henry what would help with his project watch, including a suitable  teflon movement retainer ring. If this is in violation of the forums policies, you should let members know.

Regards

2 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

I have several SS cases to house eta movements and will be happy to send henry what would help with his project watch, including a suitable  teflon movement retainer ring. If this is in violation of the forums policies, you should let members know.

To the contrary that is very nice of you, I simply remarked that without a lathe casing work must be done by hand. An obvious statement, if anything. 

23 minutes ago, jdm said:

To the contrary that is very nice of you, I simply remarked that without a lathe casing work must be done by hand. An obvious statement, if anything.

Thanks for clarifying, I thought I had crossed a redline. 

Best wishes joe

Hello All,

Thank You for the replies, you guys are awesome.  Stumbled onto this forum via WRT

Nucejoe, I would greatly appreciate it.  I already have have both a 34 and 36 SS case.  I'd like to use the 36mm case for my smaller wrist.  Dial is 28.5 mm OD.    

Henry