FHF Robert 8.75 Ligne

AJH

Hi I am new to this forum and am looking for a balance staff (or balance) for an unnamed movement, the only markings are the Swiss patent number 51482 and a serial number 4903.

It is a manual wind, no seconds, I have trolled through Ranfft and think this may be a FHF Robert 8.75 ligne, can anyone shed any light on this and where I may source parts, ebay and Scotwatch don't seem to have any.

Thanks

Alasdair

IMG_20190731_110429.jpg

IMG_20190731_110510.jpg

IMG_20190731_110546.jpg

IMG_20190731_111753.jpg

Hi clockboy, I have searched balancestaffs too and they don't have the FHF Robert listed for 8.75 ligne so I will need to go with your suggestion and measure the old staff. I don't have the tools or experience yet to replace a staff so will have to take it to a watchmaker I guess.

I would still like to know if my movement ID is correct...

Thanks for your reply

Alasdair

I think your identification is correct ... in which case this FHF Robert is the same as the Gruen 100 / 101. This takes a balance staff with the Ronda number 1144.

If you go to the Cousins page https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/filter/ronda-staffs-by-ronda-number you can search for balance staffs by Ronda number and I see they'll do you a pack of 12 for £8.95. Worth searching other suppliers too.

Alternatively if we're pretty confident with the ID and now knowing that your FHF = Gruen 100 /101 (which also according to ranfft are the same as the Gruen 620, 623, 626, 627 as differences not known between these six models) it could be worth a search on a site like ebay for any complete movement going that has a good balance.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, WatchMaker said:

Hi @Nucejoe ... if you let me know why you've left a 'confused' emoji I'll try and clarify! You may want to look at http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&Gruen_100 first though.

It won,t let me choose the emoti I like, sometimes I get to choose the medal other times the confused emoti or one of the other choices.I mean approal by all and the point the post gets. Sorry thats the best I can do and that is despite rather costly , paid vpn service. Sorry Sorry.  You did ID the movement, the one point is my thums up.

Best regards joe

By chance I found this on ebay which is pretty lucky, it is on it's way from New York as I type, fingers crossed it is the same as mine.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it guys.

Alasdair

Gruen_101_Watch.JPG