about BHI DLC course

Hello watchmakers.

I am considering taking BHI dlc course and I would like to get some advice from those who have had taken the course or know someone who has.

Here are some questions I want to ask.

1. What kind of tools would I need for Technician Grade and Intermediate Grade??

2. If I were to open my own repair shop in the future or become a watchmaker for brands, which grade would be necessary? (Technician grade or Intermediat grade)

Thank you. I always appreciate your generous help. 

If you go here you can download a sample test, it also gives you guide lines of tools you will need. Don't be put off by the amount of tools some are very expensive, to start you just need the basic, but at some point you will need a lathe. 

https://bhi.co.uk/training-education/dlc/

Gain as much experience as you can. There are hundreds of books on horology. Some of the best ones are by  Donald de carle and Laurie penman. You can't gain experience just from reading from books, hands on approach, get your hands dirty. You can never stop learning in this field, something new will come into your workshop that you have never seen before, so a new challenge begins. I was a watch and clock maker for about 30 years and I'm still learning. Many movements and problems on this forum by members are a first for me. Experience comes to us all, its all part of the learning process. Its a good living if you have your own workshop so enjoy it and very good luck.     

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

If you go here you can download a sample test, it also gives you guide lines of tools you will need. Don't be put off by the amount of tools some are very expensive, to start you just need the basic, but at some point you will need a lathe. 

https://bhi.co.uk/training-education/dlc/

Gain as much experience as you can. There are hundreds of books on horology. Some of the best ones are by  Donald de carle and Laurie penman. You can't gain experience just from reading from books, hands on approach, get your hands dirty. You can never stop learning in this field, something new will come into your workshop that you have never seen before, so a new challenge begins. I was a watch and clock maker for about 30 years and I'm still learning. Many movements and problems on this forum by members are a first for me. Experience comes to us all, its all part of the learning process. Its a good living if you have your own workshop so enjoy it and very good luck.     

Thank you sir. I will keep your words in mind.

I guess I have a  long way to go :)