• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hi all i am new to the forum and watch and clock repair, can anyone help me how to open a Hermle clock mainspring barrel so i can inspect and clean the spring the ones i have seen just pop off i can't find one like this, see photo thanks Willow
    • Hello Rogart, and thank you for the generous offer. After a quick look on ranfft it does appear that 12.68N does have a quite a bit larger pivot, as the dimensions listed are "1.6 x 1.00 x 0.22mm", while the 12.68Z has "1.32 x 0.75 x 0.22mm". So unless I am missing something, I'm assuming they wouldn't fit very well. I did measure the lenght of my hands, 10.9mm on the hour, and 14.75mm on the minute, roughly as the metal looks quite brittle, and I didn't want to mash it in my caliper. I am curious if the lenghts are similar to the 12.68N.
    • Hi all. I have a couple of Ecozilla's I'm sorting knackered date changes on. That in itself doesn't present any particular issues, but on one of them the bezel click has packed up too. The two Ecozilla's are of different ages. One is the B873-S015804 and one is the B873-S02664 [RFN].   The RFN model, which I think is the newer one, the bezel just screws off. The non-RFN one, this doesn't appear to be the case. Although I kind of think it must be or how would you change the crystal? Long story short, it's not my watch and I don't want to damage it by trying to force something that won't move. I've even looked online and a lot of the bezels seem to have the text on them in the same alignment which has me wondering too.   Does anyone have any Citizen tech manuals that would cover this? Or has done one before? (Must have done the non-RFN sa the other is different).   Thanks for any help you are able to offer. Pip       Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • The Tudor with the ETA base would use ETA or "normal"; Rolex reversers are fairly unique in design.
    • I believe that both evaporate very quickly. As far as I understand it (I don't use either), they are both either dry lubricants in a highly volatile carrier, or the lubricant portion of it is extremely small so it has to be applied using a carrier to bulk it out for handling purposes. Either way the carrier solvent is designed to be very volatile so that it quickly dries after application, leaving just a very light coating of the actual lubricant behind. Pretty much the same as the old school "couple of drops of 9020 in 10ml of benzine" trick that @nickelsilver alluded to above; the benzine evaporates leaving behind just the lightest application of 9020 residue.