Hello to all and I could use some help on a 1942 Eterna military

GLAD TO BE HERE NEED SOME EDUCATED HELP ON A ETERNA MILITARY THE SERIAL NUMBER DATES THE WATCH 1942.THE MOVEMENT LOOKS ALMOST LIKE A 852S BUT FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THE 850,852 AND THE 852S WERE ALL 15 JEWEL.MY WATCH HAS A POLISHED SURFACE 17 JEWEL CENTER SWEEP WITH SLIGHT VISUAL DIFFERENCES FROM THE 852S .NOW I DID READ THAT ETERNA MADE ETA'S 853 THROUGH 859 AND THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION ON ANY OF THOSE.AND THE LAST THING IS THE HOUR HAND HAS 2 DOTS FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THEY COULD HAVE BEEN USED AS A PILOT WATCH .I HAVE RESEARCHED THIS FOR A LONG TIME AND HAVE NOT SEEN ANOTHER ONE FROM ETERNA OR ANY DOCUMENTATION ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU AND GLAD TO BE HERE.

best watch 2.jpg

best watch.jpg

Most military watches have a number engraved on it somewhere... there always remained the property of the military and the numbers were meant to keep track of who was issued what. Also the numbers helped to ensure servicing records kept accurately.

For the two dots on the hand.. this was more to break up the large mass of luminous material.. nothing special here.

Also I believe most military watches are usually black dialed?

Anilv

thanks for your input but your wrong on several levels about black dials and white dials and what eterna made and did not make  your input is nothing special.A few Eterna ATP watches have been found with both black and white dials, mostly black, and a central seconds sweep hand.    Black dials and central seconds are inconsistent with the ATP characteristics, but a handful of Eterna ATP watches exist and it is thought that about 600 may have been made from the known serial numbers.So there are black and white dials and the 850 series movements

3-atp-elgin-the-watch-on-strap.jpg