TheFixer

FE 233-60 Help

Question

Afternoon gentlemen.

Does anyone have any idea where might get a replacement balance complete with balance cock for an FE 233-60 movement, the one I have is a complete mess.

Any pointers appreciated.

Jon

7 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, TheFixer said:

Thank you.

No balance except one with a little bent hairspring . Think it could be fixed . It's inca bloc  and has a smooth bridge. 

2 hours ago, rogart63 said:

No balance except one with a little bent hairspring . Think it could be fixed . It's inca bloc  and has a smooth bridge. 

My hairspring fixing is not good, but I suppose I could have a go.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• That phrase sets the cliche "parsimonious Scotsman" in me in "to how could I do that better (i.e. cheaper) mode"....  I presume that it works by twitching that control arm, and "listening" to the resulting resonance, then repeatedly tweaking the frequency of the "twitch" until maximum amplitude is obtained.  Does anybody know if my presumptions are correct?  
    • Not only will it not run well (if indeed it runs at all), it runs the risk of damaging the teeth of whatever it meshes with.
    • Here are a few more little Timex Group related facts. Shortly after purchasing the Waterbury Clock Company in 1941, founder Thomas Olsen renamed the company Timex, as a portmanteau of Time (referring to Time magazine) and Kleenex.[3] The Fred Olsen group is also one of  the  Scotland's large land owners, which makes them one of the handful of entities that "own" Scotland, as a result of its arcane and feudal land laws. More interesting history here -> http://www.andywightman.com/archives/category/who-owns-scotland Now I'm not suggesting we go quite as far as this guy, but... ... the current situation of "land management" (i.e. large slash and burn "grouse moors" and industrial scale toilet roll farming) is unsustainable in the long term. We do need a rethink.  
    • Oh crap... just checked Ebay and Cousins. No replacement..... It is really nice of you to ship me one.
    • You want to see more awesome hairspring tools? http://www.greinervibrograf.com Be well seated before opening the price list.