Opening Raketa

Hi everyone,

Any ideas how to get the back off? it looks sunken in so the notches don't really help. 

I'm completely new to this, does anyone know anything about the watch, or could translate what's on the bottom of the face? Just out of interest. 

Thanks,

ryhj

IMG_20190722_131444.jpg

IMG_20190722_131459.jpg

• Like 1

Nice watch @rhyj and a great movement (I would expect a Raketa cal. 2609) for any beginning watch repairer! 

You can see how the case back is removed in the video below. The movement in the video is a Vostok 2409 but the principle should be exactly the same. You'll find several videos on the same channel working with the Raketa movements and many other Russian movements such as Vostok, Poljot, etc. Now, be aware that the guy (Ratfaced Git) working on these movements is a self-trained former car mechanic who always insists to do things in his own way, which sometimes isn't best practice. That said, he was a huge inspiration to me when I got started. He just goes for it! No fear, no regrets! ;)

Good luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Russian words on the case back mean "Waterproof" and "Shockproof".

Raketa means "Rocket" and СДЕПАНО В СССР means "Made in USSR". The name Raketa came about in the dawn of the space age.

• Like 1