Date not moving correctly on Rolex Oyster Date Precision

The calender date disc is not moving correctly on a Rolex Oyster Date Precision (datejust ref.6694 cal.1215
The date on the calendar wheel only shows in between dates in the date window, it also seems to be moving only about 3/4 of a turn each 24 hours.
It looks like the notch on the driving wheel isn't correctly contacting the teeth on the datewheel.
How can I get the date to align correctly?, could the driving wheel be worn to much or is there something else that's more likely?.

IMG_0084 (Tilpasset).JPG

IMG_0089 (Tilpasset).JPG

IMG_0092 (Tilpasset).JPG

The calender date disc is not moving correctly on a Rolex Oyster Date Precision (datejust ref.6694 cal.1215
The date on the calendar wheel only shows in between dates in the date window, it also seems to be moving only about 3/4 of a turn each 24 hours.
It looks like the notch on the driving wheel isn't correctly contacting the teeth on the datewheel.
How can I get the date to align correctly?, could the driving wheel be worn to much or is there something else that's more likely?.
1030491398_IMG_0084(Tilpasset).thumb.JPG.add3a651739d95fa2eb17a51d8ad9230.JPG
1734290831_IMG_0089(Tilpasset).thumb.JPG.ffa134d4992ee31253d086d01c39b885.JPG
478975990_IMG_0092(Tilpasset).thumb.JPG.74e3e7545c1362a8591452f3181a0143.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to be a Quick fix the little thin curved brass bushing that holds the wheels in the correct position are missing the same kind that holds the hourwheel in position,pressing against the dial.

Hope it solves your problem

Regards

Allan

1 hour ago, Latvas said:

It seems to be a Quick fix the little thin curved brass bushing that holds the wheels in the correct position are missing the same kind that holds the hourwheel in position,pressing against the dial.

Regards

Allan

Thanks, do you know what this part is called?.

1 hour ago, Latvas said:

Regards

Allan

From looking at pictures I can find only one of them seem to have a different design that seem to center the disc better, from the looks of it the others don't have this. But, it would be logical since the disc isn't perfectly centered. Haven't been able to find out what this is called.

IMG_4006.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

rare-rolex-disque-date-mouvement-manuel-1215-.jpg

Thanks, do you know what this part is called?.

Friction spring i think, i have bought a selection on eBay, cost next to nothing
If and when you get it running
I would like to know if im correct or it was something Else
Another clue to the problem was your info that it runs nearby 3/4 and the next time Its something Else that indicates that the problem is in that direction
If it was worn teeth the revolutionrate would be more the same and the date would stop entirely imo.

Regards
Allan

From looking at pictures I can find only one of them seem to have a different design that seem to center the disc better, from the looks of it the others don't have this. But, it would be logical since the disc isn't perfectly centered. Haven't been able to find out what this is called.

IMG_4006.thumb.jpg.39020a2a612b375727266d7ac6145688.jpg
IMG_6386.thumb.jpg.e93021b25272835837e9d9871ef032fe.jpg
rare-rolex-disque-date-mouvement-manuel-1215-.thumb.jpg.24b2c4871b4006b9e338c23efe887852.jpg

You are sayin that the wheel isnt centered , then i would check that the wheel isnt made for being under tension from the side,that little piece of metal could have been Lost (piinged across the room)by the last intruder
And not noticed. With great impact on the function

1 hour ago, Latvas said:

You are sayin that the wheel isnt centered , then i would check that the wheel isnt made for being under tension from the side,that little piece of metal could have been Lost (piinged across the room)by the last intruder
And not noticed. With great impact on the function

When you look at my second picture you see that there is a lot of room in the middle of the disc. I though you meant that there was supposed to be a bushing that would make it fit snugger.

There is only the big spring, not any small parts that I can see is missing. Here is a pic of the only spring I have :).

From what I understand the calendar driving wheel has that little tap on it that connects with the teeth beneath the date disc, what function the spring has beside keeping the datewheel more pushed up against the dial window I don't know.

IMG_0086 (Tilpasset).JPG

1 hour ago, clockboy said:

Thanks, I've already checked out that page a lot :), but none the wiser.
Don't look like I'm missing any parts, bides the center of the date wheel looking different, but I think the brass makes the center of the date wheel fit snug is just the bottom of the hour wheel, is this correct?, or should there be a plate on top of the one I got?.

There aren't very many parts in the 1215.
The date indicator driving wheel is the one responsible to change date with the help of the little pin on it.
On the date indicator you have an date star that will rotate it around.
The date jumper will keep the date indicator in place. In the picture you provided the little arm is bent slightly to high up try to adjust it a bit lower. The little pin on the end of the arm is what keeps the date indicator into place by locking the date star.
If the date star isn´t correctly in place or the date jumper is missaligned then the dateis off like in your picture.
I provide pictures of the parts so you can follow what I write.

ROLEX1.jpg

ROLEX2.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSL said:

There aren't very many parts in the 1215.
The date indicator driving wheel is the one responsible to change date with the help of the little pin on it.
On the date indicator you have an date star that will rotate it around.
The date jumper will keep the date indicator in place. In the picture you provided the little arm is bent slightly to high up try to adjust it a bit lower. The little pin on the end of the arm is what keeps the date indicator into place by locking the date star.
If the date star isn´t correctly in place or the date jumper is missaligned then the dateis off like in your picture.
I provide pictures of the parts so you can follow what I write.

ROLEX1.jpg

ROLEX2.jpg

I've bent the date jumper back a bit, have also tried several different amount of bending it without solving the problem.
The only thing that looks like the culprit is the driving wheel. I've also noticed that is has a very slight wobble compared to all the other wheels, is this supposed to be like this?. Just want to be 100% sure what's wrong before I start ordering parts.
When it comes to the date jumper, the teeth on the date star just glides over it, is it supposed to lock the date in any other way then just to keep some light pressure on the disc?.

It is supposed to be completely flat, no wobble. If it's not flat there is a risk the disk is not just scew but the date ring also is misaligned to the star wheel. The snappy action during date shift will for sure not work in that case.
A date jumper is supposed to do what the name applies, keep the dial in place with a small force, just to keep it in place only by friction will make the dial move a slight bit with every small chock the watch gets and I doubt even ROLEX haven't made it work that way, but one never knows ;)

Edited by HSL

55 minutes ago, HSL said:

Forgott to add a picture showing the correct height, just make it level with the hour wheel.

Rolex_3.jpg

Have adjusted it like that. Also removed the jumper altogether to see if the disc would move more, but it didn't.
I measured the diameter of the peg on the driving wheel and it's 0.3mm, is this the correct size?, to me the peg looks a little bit smaller then the other once I see pictured here.

The beak looks good in your date jumper but the alignement is crusial. 
Unfortunately Rolex has the same view as me on this assembly, since there is so few parts it only says like this in the tech sheet.

7. Reassembling of calendar mechanism and fitting of dial and hands.
7.1 Place the hour wheel in position
7.2 Lubricate lightly the calendar driving wheel stud fit the calendar driving wheel 
    and the date jumper.
    - The beak of the date jumper should be parallel to the main plate 
      and the clearance between the plate and the beak 0.25 mm
    - Make sure that the tension of the date jumper is as indicated in figure 5.
Figure 5 is attached in the pic.

Rolex4.jpg

I almost forgott, when testing the dial next time make sure you get it correctly in position, when I took a quick look at your initial picture of the problem one can see it is not in place but riding ontop of the date jumper.
The dial has to go all the way down to the wider part of the hour wheel. when it is at place , you can look through the inspection slots in the dial if the jumper is in place otherwise you can gently push it backwards and get it in place.

Rolex5.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSL said:

I almost forgott, when testing the dial next time make sure you get it correctly in position, when I took a quick look at your initial picture of the problem one can see it is not in place but riding ontop of the date jumper.
The dial has to go all the way down to the wider part of the hour wheel. when it is at place , you can look through the inspection slots in the dial if the jumper is in place otherwise you can gently push it backwards and get it in place.

Rolex5.jpg

Thank you ! :), it works. I aligned the jumper, and when I rotated the calender wheel manually it suddenly snapped in.
Now the date has is nice "snap" once it changes the date :). 

• Like 3