Jump to content

How Much Of Your Swiss Watch Is Swiss?


Recommended Posts

After having scoured the web I am having a hard job finding a 100% Swiss made watch (excluding swatch) and even then I don't know.

Does anyone know of a totally "Swiss" watch. The 50% rule I think is being upped to 60% but that still leaves 40% of the watch that could be made in.....well anywhere!

 

I feel totally bewildered now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is one of the reasons I rarely buy modern watches. Not that there's anything utterly wrong with Chinese parts - and there has been always an interesting history of horological work in China - just that it's nice to have a watch which is of a piece (as far as one can tell!).

 

I'm told that the Seagull movements are quite reasonable, and they're used by a variety of European watchmaking firms. Whether they're stayers or not, I have no idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

 

I must say I share your sentiments, It would be nice to think that something is made completely where it says it's made, I have quite a nice Rotary watch and when you open it up it has a Japanese Miyota movement in it, although their advertising gives the impression that you're buying a Swiss watch. I suppose the deception is in the wording '' est. in Switzerland'' ! .

I also have a selection of interesting watches old & new I'll post some info when I get the chance, in the meantime I'll enjoy the forum, great reading ! .  

 

Phil.      :)  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...