For People in Perth Western Australia this weekend

This weekend is the 3 in 1 market at the Claremont Showgrounds, with the most important one being the antique fair.

Usually a number of clocks and watches for sale and some even for a reasonable prices.

The last market I picked myself up a Waltham CDIA 8 day aircraft clock up for a reasonable price.

I will be there tomorrow manning the stand for the 'Master Clock and Watch Makers Association of Western Australia'.

We have the stand really just to raise awareness that watch and clock makers / repairers do still exist and promote our school, but we do also offer free watch testing and a cheap battery change service. People are really amazed when they find out there is still a place in Perth that is teaching people how to repair watches and clocks, and not just 'part swapping ' but actually manufacturing some replacement parts. I had one person that wouldn't believe me that we actually made some parts until I showed him a balance staff that I had made for a pocket watch and the bar of blue steel it came from.

I'm always amazed at what people bring up to us, a couple of shows ago we had an older couple show us a 1920s gold Rolex that they found whilst digging in their garden!

Yes the watch was dead but the case was fine and so was about half the movement, so great for spares.

If your around come drop by our stand and say hello.