how do i fit the second movement clamp?

I've started playing around with complete watches instead of just movements, so i can learn more about setting hands and how everything is held together.

Ive nearly finished putting this watch back together but i can't get the second movement tab back in. Can anyone take the time to explain to me how to get the second clamp back in (2 o'clock position)? The movement ring is so tight i can't fit it in the gap.

20190714_143753.thumb.jpg.eb0e6f4a1d055f7287b306691c0de2d8.jpg

27 minutes ago, rduckwor said:

It looks to me like you case clamp tab might be too long.  Did these come out of this same watch/case?  Though I think I see an adjustment slot under the screw.

RMD

Yeah I took them out yesterday, came out super easy but as these things usually go, theyre a nightmare to put back in. I'm sure there must be a certain way to achieve this and once you know it's easy

Is it possible that you have the clamps upside down and they are fitting into the wrong groove?  They came out, they must go back in.  Its frustrating.  Give it a rest and come back when you are more settled.  Think about it; you'll figure it out.

Good Luck,

RMD

1 hour ago, rduckwor said:

Is it possible that you have the clamps upside down and they are fitting into the wrong groove?  They came out, they must go back in.  Its frustrating.  Give it a rest and come back when you are more settled.  Think about it; you'll figure it out.

Good Luck,

RMD

I took a picture of everything before I removing, so pretty sure it has gone back in as it should. 

I was thinking maybe you're supposed to slide them around from one of the groves in the ring or something. 

I Think if you have to do as Oldhippy suggest taking it off again and also check how round it still  is.
In your picture one can see you have tension in the movement ring and that can appear when one dont make sure the ring is lying flat all way round the movement when you putting it in.
The other reason this can happen is when one tighten one screw first all the way and by that one will pull one side of the movement uppwards whilst pushing the other side down.
I have marked in the picture where you can see how you have got a gap in one spot and super tight opposite it. It is also scewed with one side of the movement up and the other marked with the arrow down.
When the movement ring  it is at the same deapth all way around you should be able to get the threads on both screws to bite. After they do so you carfuly tighten them alternately so you dont get any tension in the movement ring.
If the movement ring isn't completely uniform you might have to gently push it in with a peg wood. Just push all the way around the ring and it should pop into place again.

Movementring.jpg

• Like 1