On 7/12/2019 at 6:28 PM, oldhippy said:

From what I can remember, it fits in so the little tail points up to engage the click.

download.jpg

yes i worked it out just after i posted but i had trouble getting it to fit(it seemed a little to long) i then some how bent it and when i tried to pick it up it pinged away across the room so i will have to resort to obtaining a replacement.happy days!B

On 7/13/2019 at 1:10 PM, Nucejoe said:

I guess the pic is just for desplay, are first and second gears in right jewels( place)?

Regulator arm is unconventionally close to the stud. 

get what you are saying about the regulator arm as for the rest that is how it was when i dismantled it.any help with the right positioning of the gears would be most helpful!B

20180130_172439.jpg

1 hour ago, berniethebolt said:

get what you are saying about the regulator arm as for the rest that is how it was when i dismantled it.any help with the right positioning of the gears would be most helpful!B

I took a picture without the balance fitted just so you would get a feeling of how it is put together and where wich wheel goes, I would put the regulator in place last of all. If you need any other pictures just ask.

Omega_Drivetrain.jpg

22 hours ago, HSL said:

I took a picture without the balance fitted just so you would get a feeling of how it is put together and where wich wheel goes, I would put the regulator in place last of all. If you need any other pictures just ask.

Omega_Drivetrain.jpg

thanks HSL thats just perfect.B

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Brokenwatch
      Hello,

Hi Newbie here with my first attempt at watch repair.

I just cleaned and disassembled my speedmaster (model 3513.53) 7750 movement having watched the breitling 7750 youtube videos, studied some walkthroughs and also the ETA assembly sheets but am having some problems re-assembling and getting it functioning.

I installed all the (new; complete assembly) mainspring, train gear, the bridge, the ratchet wheel and then check by rotating the ratchet wheel whereupon a little a satisfying whirring noise occurs as all the wheels freely spin indicating that they are correctly installed.

I install the (new) pallet fork and the bridge for that and it freely moves. Then I install the balance wheel, carefully and several times now but it doesn't enthusiastically oscillate like I see in all the youtube videos the momen it's installed. If I give it a nudge it moves seemingly freely and the pallet fork/escapement wheel moves back and forth but only for half a second then it stops.

So I think there's not enough power from the (new; complete assembly) mainspring (same thing happened with the old mainspring)and give it some winds then inevitably the click spring pings out of the ratchet wheel teeth and unwinds the crown/mainspring rapidly (I have now damaged 2 escapement wheels in the process, snapping off their location pins)

One time I physically held the click spring against the ratchet wheel so that it couldn't ping out, wound the watch a few times (maybe 10 turns) and got a few seconds of oscillation from the balance wheel but knew that the moment I stopped holding the click spring it would just ping out again!

I notice now on ebay someone is actually selling a 7750 movement but with the click spring actually soldered (!) in place presumably to stop it pinging out like mine!

I am trying to persevere and repair this watch myself despite this so joined this forum!!! I've tried assembly about 5 times with this now but can't get past it. Any ideas? Thanks.